Sergei Bulgakov Blog Conference

Dan and Aron at The Land of Unlikeness have recently announced yet another great looking addition to the repitroire of blog conferences starting up throughout the theoblogosphere.  In addition to the Barth, Balthasar (going on right now), and Bonhoeffer blog conferences that are upcoming, we can now also look forward to the first Sergei Bulgakov Blog Conference.  The conferences is tenatively scheduled for September of this year and there is plenty of room for more submissions and ideas.  Here is the current lineup of participants:

1. Ben wrote:

I hope someone covers his ideas on sophiology: where did he get such ideas from? Why did he believe them to be Christian? Are they intrinsic to his theology or are they easily detached additions?

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

Well, I know very little about sophiology, but I know he got a lot of his ideas on this topic from Vladimir Solovyov.

I think his whole thing about divine wisdom and created creaturely wisdom functions sort of like the analogy of being in his theology. It also seemed to lead him to make some pretty inflated claims about Mary, at least in the eyes of much of the Russian Orthodox church.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 2:31 pm | Permalink
  3. Freder1ck wrote:

Barth, Balthasar, Bonhoeffer, and Bulgakov. Do you see a pattern here?

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

I’ve been chuckling about that since this one was announced. I think we’ve run out of big “B’s”. Unles of course we do the Buber Blog Conference or the Bucer Blog Conference! Of course then we’d start a new trend of Martin’s and we know where that’d end up.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 3:59 pm | Permalink
  5. Andrew wrote:

i am trying to convince a friend of mine to submit a research paper he is doing for his undergrad on bulgakov. hopefully he will get it written in time. he’s actually hoping to look at bulgakov’s sophiology specifically…

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 5:14 pm | Permalink
  6. michael wrote:

Boff? :)

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 7:23 pm | Permalink

There we go!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

The Venerable Bede.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 8:13 pm | Permalink
  9. Arni wrote:

Bultmann, of course.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 7:29 am | Permalink
  10. Berdyaev — as well.

Friday, March 21, 2008 at 3:37 am | Permalink
  11. Pontificator wrote:

Halden, pls drop me a line: tigana99 {at} hotmail.com. Thanks. I have a suggestion for your Bulgakov article.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 at 4:48 am | Permalink
  12. Dan wrote:

I don’t think we’ve yet exhausted the “B” possibilities: Bergson, Bulatovich, Bp. Berkely, Bentham, Brünner, Bukharev, Barthes, Ed. Begley, Jr., The Beatles

I’ve updated our lineup: http://www.thelandofunlikeness.com/2008/03/23/call-for-respondents-the-2008-sergei-bulgakov-blog-conference/

Cheers,