Well, if for me Cavanaugh is heroin, what narcotic, I wonder might the rest of my favorite theologians be?
- Robert Jenson – Ecstasy…because he’s just that exciting.
- Herbert McCabe – Marijuana…because you can always come back to him, and he should be shared generously with friends and strangers.
- Hans Urs von Balthasar – Acid…because he makes the entire world look different on a metaphysical level.
- Karl Barth – Cocaine…because he’s highly addictive, highly energizing and makes you sound crazy to everyone else whose not on it with you.
- Stanley Hauerwas – Alcohol…because he makes you beligerent, annoying to your friends and hard to live with.
- Rowan Williams – Caffeine… because he makes you nervous, edgy and scared about what’s really going on and if you’re on the right side or not.
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer – Meth…because if you actually take very much of him into your system you probably won’t live very long.
So, who are your dealers?