This year’s Karl Barth Blog Conference is going to begin in under two weeks. Stay tuned to Der Evangelische Theologe for what is sure to be a great conference.
The topic for the conference will be Eberhard Jüngel’s God’s Being is in Becoming: The Trinitarian Being of God in the Theology of Karl Barth. The projected schedule is as follows:
- Day 1 – “Introduction,” by WTM; with an introductory discussion entitled “And Never the Twain Shall Meet…: Theology Meets Philosophy in Jüngel’s Work,” by Jon Mackenzie.
- Day 2 – “The Passion of God: Some Questions for Jungel on Divine Suffering,” by Scott Jackson; Response by Matthew Bruce.
- Day 3 – “A Still Greater Historicity: Hegel, Jüngel, and the Historicization of God’s Being,” by your’s truly; Response by Adam Steward.
- Day 4 – “Minor Premise: Incipient Theological Ethics in God’s Being is in Becoming,” James Cubie; Reponse by Shane Wilkins.
- Day 5 – “God’s Objectivity: Revelation as Sacrament in Jüngel’s ‘God’s Being is in Becoming’” by Thomas Adams; Response by Chris TerryNelson.
- Day 6 – “Demythologizing the Divide between Barth and Bultmann: Jüngel’s Gottes Sein ist im Werden as an Attempt toward a Rapprochement between Karl and Rudolf,” by David Congdon; Response by Luke.