Exploring Ecclesiology

Anyone who frequents this blog knows how much talk and thought goes into questions of ecclesiology around here. Well, for those with an eye toward such topics, there is an important new book out from Brazos Press, Exploring Ecclesiology: An Evangelical Ecumenical Introduction by Brad Harper and Paul Louis Metzger.

The books is a distinctly trinitarian treatment of the church from a broadly evangelical perspective that is carefully attuned to ecumenical issues. For those wondering if evangelical ecclesiology could ever be a real thing, this book is a must read.

1. Brad Harper wrote:

Halden, thanks for plugging the book. We appreciate it. Thanks again for the help you gave us as well.

Brad

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Permalink
  2. Paul Louis Metzger wrote:

Thank you for your endorsement of the book, Halden. I also appreciate your significant reflections on ecclesiology in a variety of contexts.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 2:42 pm | Permalink
  3. Chris Donato wrote:

Indeed, quite an “ecumenical” lineup of endorsements too. As Halden suggests, I’m so curious about what may constitute “evangelical ecclesiology” that reading this seems almost necessary.

Considering there’s only a few possibilities of where on the spectrum it could fall, do you care to divulge in short form its leanings on how the church relates to the world?

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 9:27 am | Permalink
  4. Bobby Grow wrote:

I look forward to getting my hands on this book. Any chance that there might be a discount offered for ‘former students’ ;-) . . . or even readers of this blog?

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 10:57 am | Permalink
  5. Bobby Grow wrote:

Oh and congrats Drs. Metzger and Harper on this book, I am very intrigued by this topic . . . esp. since I am an ‘Evangelical’.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 10:59 am | Permalink
  6. Derrick wrote:

Bobby, its not exactly a former student discount but Multnomah’s bookstore is selling it at a discount for around $18 which I believe is really the cheapest you can get it anywhere at the moment.

-Derrick

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 11:32 am | Permalink
  7. Bobby Grow wrote:

Thanks Derrick, I’ll have to head over there as soon as I can put together enough change (maybe I’ll see if Metzger and Harper will “sign” it for me ;-). Thanks again.

Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 12:16 am | Permalink