Day Off

Real posts coming soon. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. But soon. In the meantime, enjoy a Bourbon Renewal. It’ll change your life.

1. Mike wrote:

Why not a Black and Tan? You know, makes you think about the Hypostatic Union…

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 5:04 pm | Permalink
  2. roger flyer wrote:

Nice Mike.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 8:03 pm | Permalink
  3. Jason Oliver wrote:

Why does it always seem that many theologians are openly proud drinkers? I wish Baptists were that bold….and honest!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 8:14 pm | Permalink
  4. A double Laphroaig with a cube of ice is perfect, thankyouverymuch. That picture looks like a cosmo! (Are those fighting words?)

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 9:34 pm | Permalink
  5. kim fabricius wrote:

d.w. – ICE?! In LAPHROAIG?!!

Ketchup is fine on a burger – but on fillet mignon? Ice dulls the taste buds; it is also an impediment to the nose (therefore tainting the flavour as well as the taste). A little water – at room temperature – is fine in a Laphroaig, but, ideally, even the water should come from streams near the distillery. But ICE – you not only sin, breaking the seventh commandment (the sixth if you’re Lutheran or Catholic), you commit heresy. And what lies at the far end of this whisky wedge, Coke? So, with deep regret and a heavy heart, I hereby withdraw your invitation to the the Foucault bathhouse party that we’ve organised at “Faith and Theology”. May this act of church discipline lead you to repent and return to righteous inebriation!

-The Islay Inquisition

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 12:57 am | Permalink

Well, if I dare place the race card I must say that black baptists have a much better shot at this than their white counterparts.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 2:19 am | Permalink
  7. Jason Oliver wrote:

You maybe be right. I grew up in a storefront church with a bar right next to it. LOL!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 4:52 am | Permalink
  8. Dear sir, I meant no offense! A single cube is all I do! One! I have no more than one one in glass. I have used water in the past, but I shall give it a try again. Consider me responding in obedience, and of course, thats rare for one with major anabaptist sympathies.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 9:43 am | Permalink
  9. kim fabricius wrote:

Ice or no ice, d.w., there is special bond among Laphroaig lovers (and whisky snobs are insufferable). It is now 7:30 p.m. here in Swansea. I have just poured myself a double dram of the Islay aqua vitae. It may be a bit early in the day for you, but Iechyd da (To your health), dear friend!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 11:29 am | Permalink
  10. R.O. Flyer wrote:

Ah…Laphroaig 15yr…and no ice! Or Lagavulin 16yr.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 11:36 am | Permalink
  11. roger flyer wrote:

This conversation reminds me of my father’s snooty retort to the waiter as he served the searing steak to the table.

“Sir, would you like steak sauce with your tenderloin?’
    ” I certainly hope not!” said Dad.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 2:56 pm | Permalink
  12. roger flyer wrote:

How, pray tell, son of mine are you affording this sort of luxury on an adjunct faculty member’s salary? And why was I not invited to imbibe?

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 2:58 pm | Permalink
  13. roger flyer wrote:

All to the bath house I say! (Roger runs away, ahead of the crowd with his cigar and pants on fire!)

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 2:59 pm | Permalink