Another Day Off

Still taking it easy. Last night enjoyed my first-made Corpse Reviver. Definitely lives up to the name.

1. Theophilus wrote:

Hey, that must mean you agree with Mark Driscoll on the acceptability of alcohol for Christians!

/flamebait

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 10:20 am | Permalink

No, he agrees with me. Though he’d probably call me a limp-wristed fag for liking anything other than Coors.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 10:23 am | Permalink
  3. Theophilus wrote:

As a Canadian, I might respond to him in the same vein (albeit maybe more diplomatically, since I’m Canadian) for drinking lame, weak American beer. The only decent American beers are microbrews.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Yup.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 10:58 am | Permalink
  5. roger flyer wrote:

Having spent a bit of a time in the Maritimes, I don’t think Canadians are all that hip to great beer either, eh?

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 3:01 pm | Permalink
  6. mike d wrote:

You know with these days off it’s like you don’t even care about my routine at work…

Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 4:13 am | Permalink
  7. dan wrote:

Roger,

I think you’re off your rocker. Maybe you were drinking something like Molson’s but Quebec brews a ton of excellent Belgian-style beers. Out here in Vancouver we also have a lot of microbrews. Of course, we also have a Belgian bar that lets us drink the real stuff.

Friday, June 19, 2009 at 1:07 am | Permalink

But Dan, there’s a case to be made that the beer in Vancouver is just the overflow from the Pacific Northwest of the good old US of A. It’s like, Portland light.

Friday, June 19, 2009 at 1:26 am | Permalink
  9. roger flyer wrote:

Dan Leave my rocker out of this!

I’m still hip enough to enjoy a stiff Miller Lite.

(By the way, how does your son like the CD’s?)

Friday, June 19, 2009 at 10:23 am | Permalink
  10. dan wrote:

Halden,

Riiiiiight. While we’re at it, we might as well join the Flat Earth Society.

I thought everybody knew that people who lived in the North West of the USofA were actually just a bunch of wannabe Canadians.

Roger,

The kid loves the tunes… I tried emailing that to you a few times but I guess the emails didn’t go through. Thanks again!

Friday, June 19, 2009 at 10:30 am | Permalink

Portland simply has the best and most plentiful beer in the world. These are facts.

Friday, June 19, 2009 at 10:41 am | Permalink
  12. R.O. Flyer wrote:

For the record, Maritimers do know their beer. You’ve got to try Propeller and Picaroons.

Friday, June 19, 2009 at 11:04 am | Permalink