Are you there Jah? Its me, Shane Claiborne

1. dan wrote:

I totally have better and longer dreds than he does. That can only mean that I am more radical than he is. Sweet.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

Yeah, well dreadlocks aside anyone who doesn’t publish with Zondervan is more radical than Shane Claiborne.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 12:28 am | Permalink
  3. Ben Myers wrote:

I can testify: Dan’s dreds are totally better.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 6:12 am | Permalink
  4. Andy Alexis-Baker wrote:

[Comment removed by author]

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 9:30 am | Permalink

Well, at least Brazos isn’t owned by Rupert Murdoch. Yet.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 10:17 am | Permalink
  6. dave wrote:

Is Zondervan really owned by Murdoch?

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Zondervan is own by Harper Collins which is owned by News Corp which owned by Mudoch.

So yes indeed.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 1:01 pm | Permalink
  8. dave wrote:

That’s unsettling, but good to know. I’m not sure I own anything that is owned by Zondervan, except maybe a Bible somewhere.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 2:08 pm | Permalink
  9. Daniel wrote:

Oh man. And I thought the Simple Way was pretty awesome before it burned down.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 2:14 pm | Permalink
  10. Andy Alexis-Baker wrote:

[Comment removed by author]

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Agreed, sadly.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

Just to be clear, I’m not trying to insult Shane or the (late?) Simple Way community. Just having a bit of fun.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 2:30 pm | Permalink
  13. Daniel wrote:

Yea, I got it :) (Shane’s publishing house has little, if nothing, to do with the simple way beyond publicity, which wasn’t really the point in the first place)

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 2:59 pm | Permalink
  14. Can you illuminate that comment for me? I’m rather out of the loop on Jim Wallis. I have a vague notion of who Sojourners is; I get their e-mails.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 5:08 pm | Permalink
  15. R.O. Flyer wrote:

Really? This sounds kind of like Craig Carter to me.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

Hey now, lets not say things we can’t take back.

Wallis is just way to invested in the American project to be of any real help to Christians.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 8:58 pm | Permalink
  17. R.O. Flyer wrote:

And Zondervan isnt?

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 9:14 pm | Permalink
  18. Jody wrote:

Did any of you read Jesus for President (even if Zondervan published it)? The book contains much that would offend Rupert Murdoch! I led a discussion of it last fall in the Adult Education class I taught at my church. The book is hardly imperfect. However, I thought the book was a very useful tool for encouraging laypeople who aren’t likely to read Yoder, Hauerwas, William Cavanaugh or even N.T. Wright to examine their political theologies more closely and critically.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 9:35 pm | Permalink
  19. Andy Alexis-Baker wrote:

[Comment removed by author]

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Permalink
  20. dan wrote:

Hey, if the Ben Myers is testifying, y’all better listen up!

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 10:27 pm | Permalink
  21. Andy Alexis-Baker wrote:

[Comment removed by author]

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 9:15 pm | Permalink
  22. [That replies get squeezed into narrow columns at a certain level is really annoying.]

Re: Andy
    I totally don’t see the connection between Jim Wallis and liberal Protestantism. He’s politically liberal, sure. And maybe his theology doesn’t fall into the “conservative evangelical Protestant” category (I’m not sure), but what about it is liberal Protestantism?

Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 10:54 am | Permalink
  23. Brad A. wrote:

And how do his dreads compare to yours, Andy? ;-)

Monday, October 5, 2009 at 1:30 pm | Permalink