An Emerging T-Shirt

H/T: Sub Ratione Dei

1. kari østerø wrote:

the most relativistic fruit i’ve seen in a long time, sadly not worth seeing.. looks like the “15 min of fame” expression has become a hopeless cry for meening in a lonely world where the agnostic uncirtenty of Gods existence gives an echo on a T-shirt

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 12:13 pm | Permalink
  2. Jeremy wrote:

Excellent. The thing I like most is the fact that I often think ‘emergents’ believe they’re the first ones to ever make this novel discovery. Like “Oh my God” my cultural conditions might actually influence the capacity for knowledge. Apparently, before “postmodernism” this was unknown to the greats like Kant, Hegel, and every other asshole philosopher who didn’t respect differences. Sometimes I don’t know what’s funnier: radical orthodoxy’s account of modernity and secularism, or the emerging church’s outlook on it. It’s a toss-up.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 4:45 pm | Permalink
  3. Nate Kerr wrote:

Isn’t there a grammatical mistake here? Shouldn’t it be just “to control” rather than “to control for” — and wouldn’t it best read: “to account for”? I mean, as if the t-shirt doesn’t give it away, that doesn’t help with the whole “anti-intellectual” thing.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 4:49 pm | Permalink
  4. No, that’s how you would say that. So when a scientist is trying to deal with problems inherent to experimental science they would say “controlled for x”.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 6:42 pm | Permalink
  5. R.O. Flyer wrote:

Good comment.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 8:19 pm | Permalink
  6. Nate Kerr wrote:

Right. Got it. Wow — I clearly didn’t get the t-shirt.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 9:09 pm | Permalink
  7. Jeremy wrote:

Could you say more? I really don’t know if I can’t understand you message because of the egregious spelling errors or because you’ve misinterpreted the message. It’s not: I don’t know if there’s a God, but rather I believe in God, but admit that I don’t have access to eternal, absolute truths given my cultural conditioning.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 11:25 pm | Permalink
  8. Where do I get a shirt like this?

Monday, November 2, 2009 at 10:34 am | Permalink