Culinarity

As some of you know for the occasional random posts I’ve done, I love to cook in many forms and have over the last year developed an interest in mixology. In the interest of not cluttering this blog with my every culinary whim, my best friend Andrew and I have started our own blog to log our culinary adventures. If you’re interested in that sort of stuff, check it out.

1. roger flyer wrote:

No more bacon or beer posts?

Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Tons more! All in one convenient location.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 4:02 pm | Permalink
  3. Andrew wrote:

Oh, you are wrong sir. There will be far more bacon and beer posts. Though they will not live here necessarily, they will live close by, in a magical mansion who’s front door is a perfectly smoked slab of baby back ribs. . .where taps are never for water. . .where beautiful mermaids serve you buffalo wings of mind blowing deliciousness on a platter of magic bacon cooked by a unicorn’s laser vision. The drinks are always cold (unless they are supposed to be hot, in that case they will be hot. . .but not so hot you would scald your tongue because that would just ruin the whole experience), the food is probably bad for you (but always worth it), and, depending on how much we have consumed of either of those two, the posts are interesting.

We invite you to enter into the world of two minds in perpetual synergy. Our dreams will thrust themselves upon reality, pleasuring her with our wonderful meat and most excellent alcohol. You are welcome internet.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

This is, to date the most scientifically accurate summary of the nature of our blog. For the record.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Permalink
  5. Brad A. wrote:

I think I just gained a pound looking at that…

Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 5:20 pm | Permalink
  6. Daniel wrote:

This isn’t exactly related to the new blog, but I got a question.

I’m curious as to a proper theological approach to drinking. Most statistics show that inebriation by alcohol is just as dangerous, if not more so, then getting high from weed. Destruction of brain cells, alteration of perception, etc. If it’s okay to drink, is it okay to smoke/eat (in brownie form) weed? Is the only deference legality?

I’m not against drinking, I enjoy having a few drinks every once in a while with friends, I’m particularly fond of cocktails and European beer . But would it be substantively different if we were enjoying pot instead of alcohol?

Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 10:51 pm | Permalink
  7. roger flyer wrote:

Come to Minnesota. I will buy you a cup of Burly, (the best coffee in Minnesota–says no less than an authority than Garrison Keillor), a lovely sandwich, and RO Flyer will treat you and Halden to a Surly beer later

What say you Andrew? Halden? New Year’s Eve in Minny?

Friday, December 11, 2009 at 5:00 pm | Permalink
  8. roger flyer wrote:

Mmmm…How many joints are you smoking a day?

Friday, December 11, 2009 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

There are actually articles out there that address this from a theological point of view, but I can’t remember them.

Friday, December 11, 2009 at 5:15 pm | Permalink
  10. Andrew wrote:

Yeah, I hear that’s one of the side effects.

Friday, December 11, 2009 at 10:22 pm | Permalink
  11. micah wrote:

wow, andrew, nice work here

Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 5:52 am | Permalink