Change in format

As some of you may know, over the last couple years I have grown less and less interested in writing on theology and biblical issues. I’ve tried to to keep it up, I really have, but I just can’t get the same enjoyment out of theological reading and writing anymore. So anyways, at the same time I’ve had a burgeoning interest in sociology of religion and comparative religous studies.

In light of this I’ve finally decided to bite the bullet and start posting exclusively on these topics. I really have enjoyed writing and thinking about theology, but a time comes for all things to end. I hope the new blog format will be enjoyable to all you readers.

And in a surprise move, Halden is also being received in to the Roman Catholic church on Saturday night! I’m flying up to be his sponsor!

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 10:35 am | Permalink

Also true.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 10:42 am | Permalink
  3. Nathan wrote:

I would have preferred “I’m going on staff at Mars Hill Church.”

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 11:21 am | Permalink
  4. Charlie Collier wrote:

If I’m not mistaken, this coincides with your new-found love of Miller Lite, and your decision to relocate to the superior city of Seattle.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 11:22 am | Permalink
  5. Steven D wrote:

I suppose I fell for this because I am relatively new to lurking this blog. Needless to say, shame on me for being so gullible.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 11:27 am | Permalink
  6. I fell for it, too, momentarily, and with much regret, since I have always liked this blog.
    This may be April 1, but it is also, if anyone has lost track of the days, Maundy Thursday!

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 11:36 am | Permalink
  7. R.O. Flyer wrote:

Thank God. Your theology is horseshit, not to mention unbiblical and based on human philosophy rather than God’s inerrant Word. Liberals like you make me want to leave the church. You do nothing on this blog but provide theological justifications for the Gay Agenda and Feminism and for being unbiblically grounded. Your theological support for the murder of what Jesus himself called “the least of these” (i.e., fetuses) amounts to a denial of the Gospel and the inerrancy of God’s Word. Tree-hugging pacifists like you make me almost believe in global warming. NOT!!

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 11:53 am | Permalink

Craig? That you?

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Permalink
  9. R.O. Flyer wrote:

After all, there is nothing worse than a liberal pacifist.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Permalink
  10. Chris Donato wrote:

So let it be written. So let it be done. I love Bergers. Medium Rare.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Permalink
  11. Gene McCarraher wrote:

Halden — Not that I’d be opposed, but are you serious about being received into the RCC? If so, welcome to the Club. We need all the help we can get right now.

As for your new format, bravo! Keep up the tree-hugging pacifist communism!

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

Sorry, Gene, afraid I can’t be of help on that side of the Tiber. This is all just an April fools day joke.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Permalink
  13. roger flyer wrote:

What!?

And I was just going to post a googley for you.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Permalink
  14. roger flyer wrote:

And I was looking forward to some bacon and beer posts.Damn.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Permalink
  15. roger flyer wrote:

er is that eugoogley

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Permalink
  16. Brad A. wrote:

Isn’t that already on his other blog, or has he become vegan today, too?

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Permalink
  17. Bobby Grow wrote:

Phew, I actually thought this was serious; I failed to look at the date today. I think your posts on ecclesiology and Trinitarianism/christology are usually the best; keep up the good work!

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Permalink
  18. Gene McCarraher wrote:

April is indeed the cruellest month.

In any event, keep up the tree-hugging, pacifist communism.

Friday, April 2, 2010 at 6:27 am | Permalink
  19. roger flyer wrote:

Halden is a meatless and beerless ascetic.

Friday, April 2, 2010 at 6:27 am | Permalink