Other Barth reading groups

I just wanted to make mention of several of the other groups reading through Barth’s Church Dogmatics around the blogosphere. In addition to ours, Cabe and Matt (and now Adam) have been reading through the CD for a while now. They are currently well into 2/I.

In addition, Daniel Kirk is also doing a read through at his own blog. Also, it should be noted that Jeremy powered through the whole thing like a champ last year and his various posts on the experience are quite a good read. I don’t know of any others, but I’m sure they’re out there, so by all means post a link to any others I’m unaware of.

1. Rod wrote:

Hey Halden, thanks for the update on the Church dogmatics reading around the blogosphere.

Diglot plans to read CD for the year: http://diglot.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/reading-barth-church-dogmatics-1-1-%C2%A71/

Also, a former classmate of mine, Greg Henneman has updated his blog, and will be reading CD as well:

Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 11:40 am | Permalink
  2. Jeremy wrote:

Thanks for the link and good luck reading CD over the next two years. I’d also like to plug some other reading projects I’m working on this year here: http://tinyurl.com/26b94xv

Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 11:55 am | Permalink
  3. Alex wrote:

I’ve started a read-through blog a year ago; it’s in German though (well, I am German) and I’m stuck in KD II/1 right now. Maybe I’ll get that running again with your great reading calendars. Looking forward to your blogging!
    The link is http://kdprojekt.wordpress.com/

Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

Holy hell, if you succeed at all of that I’m going to start wondering if you grown in some lab and trained at an elite government theological reading facility.

Kitamori is awesome. Glad to see him in your list. And McGill.

Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Permalink
  5. Brad E. wrote:

It’s not Barth, but it is a reading group for the year: David Kelsey’s 2-volume theological anthropology, Eccentric Existence. We’re starting to read next week; here’s the link for more information.

Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

2 Volumes? I scoff at you!

Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Permalink
  7. A.J. Smith wrote:

Jeremy is a unique animal. I think he was bred in a petri dish or something just for reading theology.

(BTW, thanks for using that picture of my bookshelf as your header for your CD blog. Its nice to know that my Barth collection is now famous.)

Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Permalink
  8. Before there was Barth there was Kierkegaard (and before that Luther . . . I suppose). C’mon some of you jump ship and head on over here . . . c’mon.
    (side-note I have also begun the infinite task of translating one sentence from Proust’s À la recherche du temps perdu every day . . . now I’ll never die!

Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Permalink
  9. Brad E. wrote:

Ha — yeah, we’ll be reading something like fifteen pages per 3-4 days. With much larger print. And shorter sentences. Happy to occupy the lower levels of hardcore theological book group readerdom.

Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Permalink
  10. Matt A. wrote:

It’s not online, but we have a Barth reading group on Monday mornings from 10:30-12:00 in Red Bank, NJ. We’re reading the pneumatology/ecclesiology sections from CD IV, and right now we’re in IV.2 on “The Order of the Community”. It’s mostly comprised of local pastors, some lay folk, and mDiv hopefuls. We read about 10 pages/week.

Email agresti@gmail.com if you’d be interested in more info.

Friday, January 7, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Permalink
  11. Bobby Grow wrote:

I thought you didn’t like Barth, Rod? Hmm . . .

Friday, January 7, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Permalink